Skip to Navigation
Skip to Content
Loving God and
Serving our World
Valley Springs exists to build a community of individuals and families sincerely devoted to loving God and neighbor, thereby renewing people and the cities of California’s Capital Region and beyond, through the gospel of Jesus Christ to the glory of God.
The Power of the GOSPEL:
To Transform People.
Intrinsic to the historic gospel - when it is clearly understood, sincerely believed, and faithfully lived - is the power to radically change people’s lives from brokenness to wholeness and from idolaters to restored daughters and sons of God. In this way God’s glory is magnified.
To Transform Cities & Neighborhoods.
The gospel of Christ changes the way people view themselves, their relationships, and their world. When Christians live in the power and application of the gospel, our neighborhoods and our cities become arenas for God’s healing grace.
The Centrality of COMMUNITY:
Christians are not called into isolation or individualism but into vital community with one another. Sincere love for God and neighbor and vision for gospel outreach are properly fostered, nurtured, and experienced within such community.
Biblical models of ministry highlight the significance of Christian believers banding together both as individuals and families to extend Christ’s kingdom into people’s lives. God uses such communities of concern both within the Body of Christ and in the world at large.
The Role of the CHURCH:
The local church is God’s primary organism for gospel transformation through its worship, its discipleship, its community life, and its mission. Valley Springs is committed to strengthening and planting congregations and networks of congregations with kingdom vision.
Associations of Churches and Christians.
God blesses the local church through its connections with denominations, para-church ministries, and associations of believers who share kingdom vision and work together to obey Christ’s Great Commandment and Christ’s Great Commission.
Our Call to the SACRAMENTO REGION (and BEYOND):
To Love its People and its Unique Potential in God’s Hands.
God has put us here not only to be
our city, but also to be
our city - praying and working for its blessing in people’s lives, its cultural development, its economic prosperity, its civil justice, and its spiritual dynamism.
To Build Kingdom Bridges from Here to People-Needs Everywhere.
We long for the day when the Body of Christ in the Sacramento region will strategically share material wealth and spiritual blessing in partnership with people in need - in our state and nation and throughout the world.
- Enable believers and unbelievers to experience God's presence and grace through heart-felt praise and relevant proclamation of the historic gospel.
- Build up one another through wholesome friendships, community groups, pastoral care, and supportive/healing relationships.
- Train believers to be fully-devoted followers of Christ through Biblical instruction, equipping for ministry, and opportunities to serve.
- Provide multiple opportunities to reach seekers with the gospel and train believers to share their faith within their networks of relationships.
- Extend the hope and grace of Jesus through assisting the needy, ministry to the broken, healing for the sick, and the rebuilding of communities in crisis.
- Penetrate society - business, the arts, media, politics, academia, and sports - with well-informed and gospel-transformed servant leaders.
- Initiate, foster and support strategic ministries that effectively reach area individuals and people groups with the gospel.
- Saturate our region and beyond with grace-filled congregations that are vital in worship, community, ministry, and outreach.
- Train, send, and support adults, youth, and families in world cross-cultural outreach where need for the gospel is greatest.
Blessed are those whose strength is in You,
who have set their hearts on pilgrimage.
As they pass through the Valley…
they make it a place of Springs;
the autumn rains also cover it with pools.
They go from strength to strength
until each appears before God in Zion.
Our Core Values
2013 © Copyright, Valley Springs Presbyterian Church. All Rights Reserved.